Documentation:LTHub/Connect/FAQ AvaiAccess

From UBC Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Availability & Access

Q: How do I make a course available to students?

Courses that are marked unavailable are not visible or accessible to students. These courses can still be accessed by faculty, TAs, or anyone who has an administrative-access role. This feature allows the instructor to build the course site before making it available to students. To make your Connect course site available to students:

  1. Log in to Connect at
  2. In the menu on the left side of the page scroll down to find the Control Panel.
  3. Click Customization, then Properties.
  4. Scroll down to 3. Set Availability.
  5. Select Yes. Scroll to the bottom and click Submit.

Q: How do I make a test available?

After you deploy a test or survey in a course area, you set its Availability. To set a test's availability, do the following:

  1. Select a Content Area (i.e. Assignments, Course Content , Quizzes area, etc).
  2. Click the Assessment button.
  3. Select Test.
  4. Select the test you created.
  5. Click Submit.
  6. Click Yes in Make the Link Available.
  7. Select additional availability setting if necessary.
  8. Click Submit.

Q: How can I show content on a certain date (adaptive release)?

You can release content based on rules set up using Adaptive Release.

  • There are two types of rules for Adaptive Release:
  1. Basic Adaptive Release is based on a single rule with multiple criteria to a single content item.
  2. Advanced Adaptive Release can have multiple rules with multiple criteria to a single content item.

To manage these settings, refer to: Releasing content via Adaptive Release

Q: Who do I contact about issues with registration?

If you are having problems with your course roster in Connect, appropriate support contacts are found on the LT Hub website.

Q: How do I drop students from a course?

Student enrollments in a course should be based on the student's add/drop status within the Student Information Service Centre (SISC). If a student should no longer be registered in a course, the student should go into the SISC and drop themselves from the course.

Q: How can I give access to a teaching assistant or grader?

  1. Appropriate Teaching Assistant duties should first be assigned by your department/faculty administrator. The Teaching Assistant or Grader must also associate their employee number to their CWL account if they have not already done so. Once both of these requirements are fulfilled, appropriate access will automatically be granted to Connect within 12 hours.
  2. For access for individuals to non-credit courses or other exceptions, please contact your Instructional Support unit.
  3. To report a problem with access not working or being provisioned as expected, please contact your Instructional Support unit.