Camtasia is a powerful screencasting desktop software that also supports video editing. Instructors can choose the screen area they wish to record and easily include audio or other multimedia to create dynamic educational videos.
How do I get started?
UBC offers campus-wide free access to Camtasia for faculty, staff, and students. First, download the software to your computer, then install and open it to start making projects.
The easiest way to download and install is:
- Log in to Canvas with your CWL.
- Click the Help menu on the left side of the page.
- Click the Software Distribution option.
- Select Camtasia from the menu.
- Choose your platform (Mac or Windows).
- Click the Add to cart button.
- Click the Proceed to Checkout button.
- Fill in your Contact Information.
- On the following page, note down the License Key because you will need it to complete the installation.
- Click the Proceed with Download button.
- Click the Download button and follow the instruction prompts to complete installation.
What support is available?
Support is provided by the Learning Technology Hub and assisted by members in the Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Media Learning Community and industry experts from UBC Studios. Additional expertise is available during regular DIY help sessions.