Camtasia is a powerful screencasting desktop software that also supports video editing. Instructors can choose the screen area they wish to record and easily include audio or other multimedia to create dynamic educational videos.
How do I get started?
UBC offers campus-wide free access to Camtasia for faculty, staff, and students. First, download the software to your computer, then install and open it to start making projects.
The easiest way to download and install is:
- Log in to Canvas with your CWL.
- Click the "Help" menu on the left side of the page.
- Click the "Software Distribution" option.
- Select "Camtasia" from the menu.
- Choose your platform.
- Click the "Add to cart" button.
- Click the "Proceed to Checkout" button.
- Fill in your Contact Information.
- Click the "Proceed with Download" button.
- Click the "Download" button and follow the instruction prompts to complete installation.
What support is available?
Support is provided by the Learning Technology Hub and assisted by members in the Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Media Learning Community and industry experts from UBC Studios. Additional expertise is available during regular DIY help sessions.