Documentation:LFS Wiki Training
- 1 Course and Project Examples
- 2 Getting Started with the UBC Wiki
- 3 Wiki Interface
- 4 Creating a New Page
- 5 Renaming Your Page
- 6 Adding Media to Your Page
- 7 Creating Subpages
- 8 Add a Quiz to Your Page
- 9 Borrow some formatting from another project
- 10 Additional Resources
Course and Project Examples
- FNH 200 - Wiki as course resources
- APBI 200 - Bonus Assignments
- MFD: Multilingual Forestry Dictionary
- GEOG352: Mapping Tool
- FRST370: Open Case Studies
- MER: Math Exam Resource Wiki
- FIB: Fundamentals of Injury Biomechanics Open Textbook
- LFS Workshop Series -Resources used in multiple course and non-course workshops. LFS 400 has developed resources such as https://wiki.ubc.ca/LFS:Workshops/Story_Structure
- Dietetics -student created resources . Used a lot in FNH 480
Getting Started with the UBC Wiki
Sometimes, the best way to learn is to roll up your sleeves and just do it! We're offering up some learning activities and the resources you'll need to help you complete each one. These is a self guided exercise, but if you get stuck, contact the UBC Wiki support
Planning Your Wiki Pages
If you already have a specific wiki project in mind, it can help plan out your wiki pages before you begin to edit the wiki. Some questions you might want to think about:
- What is the purpose of your project?
- Will you need multiple pages? How will they be organized?
- How do your pages fit into the overall wiki?
- How do you want people to use your pages?
- Demo: namespaces, Editor and page options, Watchlist, Visual editor tour (Will)
Activity: Edit your user page
Add a sentence about yourself!
Creating a New Page
- Demo: How to Create a New Page, How to Save a Page, Page History, User Contributions (Rie)
Activity: Create a Sandbox Page
- Create a new sandbox page
- Add headings. And add some links. Adding a table.
- Hit save.
Renaming Your Page
- Demo: How to rename or move a page (Will)
Activity: Rename Your Sandbox Page
- Choose a new name for your sandbox
- Rename your page
Adding Media to Your Page
Demo: How to add and format image through the editor, Upload Wizard, How to Add a Video (Rie)
Activity: Add an Image to your Wiki Page
- Use the visual editor to add an image to your page
- Put the image on the right side of the page
Demo: Show subpages (Will)
Activity: Add a Subpage to your Wiki
- Create a new subpage
- Add a link to your subpage from your parent page
Add a Quiz to Your Page
Demo: How to add a quiz to the page (Rie)
Activity: Add a quiz to your page!
- Edit the page in wikitext mode
- Copy the code from the Adding a Quiz to add the quiz
- Personalize the quiz by modifying the code
- Hit save!
Borrow some formatting from another project
Demo: How to look at the wiki text of other pages (Will)
Activity: Add Tabs to Your Wiki Page
- Go to FRST370
- Switch to wikitext mode and copy and paste the code to your wiki pages
|7 Things About Wikis||Basic Formatting||Adding Images
|Adding a Sandbox Page|