Thank you for using and contributing to the UBC Wiki!
My name is Will. I am a member of the CTLT Development Team.
The UBC Wiki is administered by the Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology. See the Wiki Gardening Project page for information about the ongoing efforts to help make the wiki a valuable resource for the UBC community.
I occasionally do presentations about the UBC Wiki and below you can find some of my notes or slides:
- An Open Platform: Using the UBC Wiki as a Collaborative Tool and Information Repository: Presentation for UBC Open Access Week 2010
- Content / Collaboration: UBC Wiki, WordPress, & Library Integration: 2010 Presentation for UBC LSIT Brown Bag Series
- Teaching with Technology: Wikis, Wordpress, and More: 2011 CTLT Institute Presentation.
- Yes, It Scales: Presentation at ETUG's Spring 2011 Workshop. Video from the presentation can be viewed here.
- Gardening the Wiki, Growing the Web: 2011 Co-Presentation at Access 2011 about the UBC Library's use of the Wiki as a content management system
- Wikipedia and Higher Education: 2011 Open Education Community of Practice presentation. Video from my part of the presentation can be viewed here.
My test & draft pages
Here are some of my test and draft pages:
- User:WikiAdministrator/New Pages A collection of RSS feeds from the three public namespaces (excluding the sandbox) that helps me watch what new pages have been created on the wiki
- Sandbox:Testing Page for testing new stuff (mainly DPL)
- User:WikiAdministrator/test Page for trying out extensions, formatting, etc
- Sandbox:WikiTweaks To do list for changes to be made to the Wiki
- Sandbox:Testing_Mainpage_editing Space for testing out edits to the main page
- User:WikiAdministrator/Wiki Screencasts List of to be created Wiki tutorial screencasts
- Sandbox:Wiki Slogans Possible Wiki Slogans or taglines
- UBC_Wiki:Welcome Possible landing page for new users
- UBC Wiki:Featured article/Clickers Next featured article