Documentation:Clickers/Uses and Benefits
Uses and Benefits
Studies conducted on the usage of clickers demonstrate an improved learning environment for students. Effective use of clickers leads to greater class interactivity, increased student-teacher interaction, and consequently improved conceptual understanding of material for the learners.
Instructors can use clickers as a tool to gauge students' understanding and/or as a low-stakes quiz delivery system.
Clickers also allow instructors to:
- Increase class participation and improve attendance
- Spark debate and discussion in class
- Identify students who need additional assistance
- Instantly gauge student comprehension of a particular topic or question
- Take attendance
- Encourage class discussion among all students
- Instantly grade and record student results
- Give continuous feedback to provide students an active learning process
- Generate student assessment reports
- Easily deliver quizzes and assessments electronically
- Focus more time on teaching and less time on paperwork and grading