Documentation:Adding Students to Your Course Blog
UBCBlogs provides an "ADD USERS" plug-in to make it easier for you to have students self-enrol in your course blog. The steps below make it easy for you to set up yourself. There are 2 very important parts to this process:
- Adding the plug-in and configuring the widget for your course blog.
- Notifying students of the 2 step process for adding themselves to your blog.
You may choose to notify students of the sign up process either by email or via an announcement in class. Attention to this step will reduce confusion and get your class off to a good start.
Step 1: Login to your UBC Blog.
- Access to blogs.ubc.ca and click on the CWL Login button.
- From the top menu bar, hover on My Sites and click on the title of your the blog to access to the dashboard
Step 2: Add the plugin
- From the left side bar in the dashboard, go to Plugins.
- Look for Add Users Sidebar Widget. 1.0.3 and click on Activate.
Step 3: Add the widget
- From the left sidebar, hover on Appearance.Then select Widgets.
- Click and drag on the Add Users widget to the sidebar where you would like to make the Add User button to appear.
Step4: Configure the widget
- Under Add Users, insert a title. Select either of Subscriber, Contributor and Author depending on the level of access you want your students to have.
- (Recommended) Check Add a password to stop unwanted users from signing up. This will avoid random users registering to the website. Then, set a password.
- Press Save.
Step 5: Check the result
- Now your students will be able to see the "Add User" section on the sidebar.