Documentation:Adding Students to Your Course Blog
From UBC Wiki
Revision as of 11:26, 19 September 2014 by Rienamba
This documentation will show you how to:
- Add students to your UBC Blog
Step 1: Login to your UBC Blog.
- Access to blogs.ubc.ca and click on the CWL Login button.
- From the top menu bar, hover on My Sites and click on the title of your the blog to access to the dashboard
Step 2: Add the plugin
- From the left side bar in the dashboard, go to Plugins.
- Look for Add Users Sidebar Widget. 1.0.3 and click on Activate.
Step 3: Add the widget
- From the left sidebar, hover on Appearance.Then select Widgets.
- Click and drag on the Add Users widget to the sidebar where you would like to make the Add User button to appear.
Step4: Configure the widget
- Under Add Users, insert a title. Select either of Subscriber, Contributor and Author depending on the level of access you want your students to have.
- (Recommended) Check Add a password to stop unwanted users from signing up. This will avoid random users registering to the website. Then, set a password.
- Press Save.
Step 5: Check the result
- Now your students will be able to see the "Add User" section on the sidebar.