From UBC Wiki
This page is for listing suggestions and to-do's for maintaining and improving the UBC Wiki. Major updates to the UBC Wiki usually take place between terms.
- Update around April 25th. Term 2 is over around April 25th.
- Schedule a meeting for mid march to check in
- Remind Pan, David, Novak about upgrade
- Ask Novak to send upgrade notice to all Users
- Probably need to flag CMS group who may have embedded wiki content
- Change log notes: what will change
- Prepare documentation on visual editor
- Really need to test how upgrade will impact Wiki Embed
Staging Wiki Notes
The following are items that need to be resolved on the staging wiki:
- Keep on the same staging
- Rating Extension needs to be installed and tested on staging. Current extension unmaintained but used heavily on UBC Wiki. New fork here: https://github.com/redekopmark/RatingBar
- UI is a bit broken (.js issue)
- DPL - In the new version of the DPL - when there's an extra spacing on the DPL, it gives an error message saying Extension:DynamicPageList (DPL), version 3.1.1: Warning: No parameter option supplied for ' '. (Missing '=') - > Pan may be able to remove space on Database level. Worse case go on older version.
- Chemical formula and math formula on visual editor doesn't work. (The latex and formula itself are working) . If it doesn't work by April, best to hide the button until i tworks.
- enable File Upload + adding current version of Creative Commons License. (Rie will work on adding current version of Creative Commons License)
- Pan will update to 1.30 for the staging wiki - that may solve the problem for the visual editor we have.
- Adding indication that this page is "creative common licensed" on the bottom of the page?
- Commons.js started to work after getting rid of collapsible table and moved the code that indicates /***START GOOGLE ANALYTICS TIMER***/ to the end. Check if there are consequences for that.
Resources that may need to be updated
- Resources on how to use visual editor (especially citation, and how to use template on the new visual editor)
May Update Wish List
- Update MediaWiki to 1.28.x. Note: 1.29 scheduled for June 2017
- Core Verf complete by April 1, Prod Go Live! date of April 29, 2017
- Revise or Rethink UBC CLF skin to make updates require less work.
- Update Upload Wizard to include newest versions of Creative Commons License. Update CC-license templates.
- Implement Flow. Convert Liquid Threads to Flow
- Review functionality around changing user names to allow for users to set their own username rather than being derived from CWL.
- Review/update documentation, tutorials for using UBC Wiki (especially for teaching and learning).
- Review and update all extensions. Remove extensions not in common use.
- Add Timed Media Handler to allow audio files to be added to wiki.
- Review options/implement solution for rendering PDF's (especially via Collections extension}
- Review how wiki content embeds into new LMS/edX - roadmap wiki embed like functionality for those spaces.
- Extend Collection Extension to allow for embedding of collection into WP.
- Transition Wiki to Shibboleth authentication 
- Review front page - add "how to teach with the wiki" section
June 15, 2017
- Options to upgrade the current skin or update mediawiki with media wiki skin + mobile skin
- Pan's team will look into upgrading authentication system on Wiki (Most likely Shibboleth Authentication). Pan will have an idea on the timeline after the team look into the options
- Issues with extension when upgrading to newer version: Math and DPL.
- Ecosystem integration
- Maybe LTI? Talk to Derek
- Will to set up meeting with Derek