UBC Electronic Dance Music (EDM) Club
|Location||6133 Student Union Boulevard Vancouver BC, Canada V6T 1Z1|
The UBC Electronic Dance Music (EDM) Club is a constituted student club of the Alma Mater Society of the University of British Columbia. In 2013, the club was founded by Adam Kolsrud and in the summer of 2014 it merged with a community project by Luc Briedé-Cooper in order to bring together UBC's DJs, producers and avid listeners of electronic music. Membership has been $10 since the formation of the club and membership has grown yearly. The UBC EDM Club office is in room 3305 of the AMS Nest.
UBC EDM club has worked with CiTR Radio to expend their open DJ Workshops hosted at the station, developed a community of DJs, producers and fans of all electronic music based at UBC, earned the Innovative Projects Fund from the AMS/Office Of The Vice-President, Students which is going towards a project to build a custom made performance-oriented DMX light controller. The UBC EDM Club also supports student based groups by providing affordable lighting equipment, AV services and DJs from the club roster for their events.
The UBC EDM Club has made significant contribution to the following events
- Bonfire by the UBC EDM Club and the Land and Food Systems Undergraduate Society First Year Committee
- Science RXN 2015 by the UBC EDM Club and the Science Undergraduate Society
- stARTup 2016 by the UBC EDM Club and the Arts Undergraduate Society
- gRAVEyard 2016 by the UBC EDM Club and CVC
- Other collaborations with Party Well, CiTR, Envy Entertainment, the Pit Pub and other AMS clubs including Blank Vinyl Project, UBC Music Initiative, UBC Jazz Cafe and Rappers Without Borders.
The UBC EDM Club DJ Workshops teach students basic, intermediate and advanced DJing techniques and also serve as a place of discussion and community bonding. UBC EDM also organises production/music making workshops, organises lighting tech workshops and general A/V training.
The 2016/2017 Co-Presidents are Adam Kolsrud and Luc Briedé-Cooper, the Vice President is Danilo Veljovic. They are supported by their passionate and active members.
- UBC EDM Club Constitution, 2016/17, https://orgsync.com/113098/files/762166/show