Listening (Teaching and Learning)
From UBC Wiki
|This article is a stub. You can help the UBC Community by expanding it.|
|This page is part of the Teaching and Learning Resources Portal|
|Link to Complete Bibliography|
|For a complete bibliography, please visit the CTLT's shared folder on Refworks.
Having problems? Visit the RefWorks information guide.
- Back, L. (2007). The art of listening. Oxford: Berg.
- Gibbs, M., & Others, A. (1985). How to teach effective listening skills in a basic business communication class. Bulletin of the Association for Business Communication, 48(2), 30-34. Permalink
- Castallo, R. (1976). Listening guide: A first step toward notetaking and listening skills. Journal of Reading, 19(4), 289-290.
- Custer, S. (1995). SMARTS (studying, memorizing, active listening, reviewing, test-taking, and survival skills): A study skills resource guide. second edition Sopris West, Inc. Permalink
- Decker, C. (1994). Listening skills. Instructor/Lesson guide. Permalink
- Golen, S. (1990). A factor analysis of barriers to effective listening. Journal of Business Communication, 27(1), 25-36. Permalink
- Helgesen, M., & Brown, S. (1995). Active listening: Introducing skills for understanding. Cambridge [England]: Cambridge University Press.
- Helgesen, M., Brown, S., & Smith, D. (1996). Active listening: Expanding understanding through content. Cambridge [England]: Cambridge University Press.
- Kushniryk, Alla and Levine, Kenneth J. (2012). Impact of Multitasking on Listening Effectiveness in the Learning Environment. The Canadian Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, 3(2). Permalink
- Kutlu, Ö., & Aslanoğlu, A. E. (2009). Factors affecting the listening skill. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 1(1), 2013-2022.
- Newton, T., & Kansas State Univ., Manhattan. Center for Faculty Evaluation and Development in Higher Education. (1990). Improving students' listening skills. idea paper no. 23. Permalink
- Powers, D. E. (1986). Academic demands related to listening skills. Language Testing, 3(1), 1-38. Permalink
- Richards, J. C., & Burns, A. (2012). Tips for teaching listening: A practical approach. White Plains, NY: Pearson Education.
- Romero, D. B., & ebrary, I. (2001). The business of listening: A practical guide to effective listening. Menlo Park, Calif: Crisp Learning.
- Rubin, R. B. (1983). Improving speaking and listening skills. new directions for college learning assistance, number 12. Permalink
- Schnell, J. (1995). Effective listening: More than just hearing. Permalink
- Spinks, N., & Wells, B. (1991). Improving listening power: The payoff! Bulletin of the Association for Business Communication, 54(3), 75-77. Permalink
Help Develop This Resource
Help develop this resource! You only need to login with your CWL to edit this page.
Let us know if you found this resource helpful by filling out this short feedback form.