From UBC Wiki
(Redirected from Library:Technology Borrowing/UBC O)
Laptop and Netbook Lending
- Laptops may be borrowed at the Library Services Desk. All borrowers must show a valid UBC/Library card and sign the Laptop Borrower Agreement. At the time of signing, they must also present a piece of government-issued photo ID that has their signature.
- Laptops are available for 24-hour or week-long loans. They are due no later than one hour prior to the Library's closing time. The 24-hour computers may be taken out for the weekend if they are borrowed on Friday or Saturday.
- All laptops may be used outside the Library and can be signed out overnight.
- Renewals may be possible depending on availability of other laptops and the absence of other users waiting in turn for this equipment. However, laptops cannot be renewed over the phone. They must be renewed in person at the Library Services Desk with the laptop in hand.
- Laptops must be returned in person at the Library Services Desk. Users will be required to wait briefly so that library staff can verify that all equipment pieces have been returned.
- Users must report any laptop malfunctions and/or problems to library staff.
Fines and/or Replacement Charges
- Overdue fines for the late return of laptops are charged at the rate of $20.00 per hour with a maximum fine of $200.00 and suspension of borrowing privileges.
- The cost of a damaged or lost laptop and/or laptop accessories may result in replacement costs of up to $2500.00 in addition to any overdue fees incurred.
The UBC Okanagan Library also lends the following items to students, faculty and staff:
- Calculators (1-day loans)
- Cameras (3-day loans)
- Headphones (1-day loans)
- Mac adaptors for projector screens (maximum 6-hour loans)
- Smart Board kits (2-hour loans)
- White Board kits (2-hour loans; for in-library use)
- Mac chargers (4-hour loans)
- Phone chargers (4-hour loans)