The Learning Commons is your gateway to the people, places and resources to enhance and support your learning. Our physical location is the Chapman Learning Commons located in the Ike Barber Learning Centre.
The Learning Commons is an evolving collection of curated learning resources that guide students through a process of discovery. Through an emphasis on student-driven initiatives, authentic partnerships, and shared-decision making, we strive to enrich the academic experience of all UBC students.
We rely on a team of dedicated, talented, and visionary students and staff who suggest, build, design, write, dream, and implement everything you see here. This is a truly collaborative project that brings together expertise and energy from across campus to provide learning support for students.
Our mission is to support student learning, wherever and whenever it happens. We strive to have high quality resources created by students for students. Our approach is collaborative, involves mentorship and demands shared responsibility.
Our strategies include:
- students' posts about events, resources and experiences that inspire learning.
- showcasing student created video and toolkits to support learning.
- sharing "secrets" related to first year and distance learners.
- being timely: considering what's important to students at different times of the year when we post to social media or run events.
- leveraging re-publishing technology (RSS, embed) to encourage partnership and collaboration with others interested in distributing their learning support resources.
- UBC Chapman Learning Commons
- Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology
- Centre for Student Development
- Writing Centre
- Health and Wellness
- Counselling Services
- Digital Tattoo Project
- UBC Library
- AMS Tutoring Services
| This article is a candidate for deletion.|
If you have any concerns, please start a discussion on the talk page.
Julie Mitchell – Managing Librarian, Chapman Learning Commons
Cindy Underhill – Strategist: Learning Resource Design, Centre for Teaching, Learning & Technology
Erin Biddlecombe - Student Development Officer, Learning
Teri Grant - Student Development Coordinator, Chapman Learning Commons
Matthew Chiang - Chapman Learning Commons Assistant
Gillian Corbo - Chapman Learning Commons Assistant
Jeff LeDrew - Chapman Learning Commons Assistant
Paul Chiang - Co-op Student, Centre for Teaching, Learning & Technology