Increasing Student Participation
From UBC Wiki
|This article is a stub. You can help the UBC Community by expanding it.|
|This page is part of the Teaching and Learning Resources Portal|
|Link to Complete Bibliography|
|For a complete bibliography, please visit the CTLT's shared folder on Refworks.
Having problems? Visit the RefWorks information guide.
- Bonwell, C. C. (1992-1993). Risky business: Making active learning a reality. Teaching Excellence. Centre for Curriculum Development, 4(3).
- Neal, E. (1995-1996). Active learning beyond the classroom. Teaching Excellence. Centre for Curriculum Development, 7(1).
- Neff, R. A., & Weimer, M. (1989). Classroom communication: Collected readings for effective discussion and questioning. Madison WI: Magna Publications. Permalink
- Price, I. (1999). A Sample of Innovative Teaching Techniques. Center for Teaching and Academic Growth. http://wiki.ubc.ca/File:A_sample_of_Innovative_teaching_techniques.pdf
- Renner, P. (2005). The art of teaching adults: How to become an exceptional instructor & facilitator (10th Anniversary Edition ed.). Vancouver,BC: Training Associates.
- Renner, P. (1993). The art of teaching adults: How to become an exceptional instructor & facilitator. Training Associates Ltd.: Vancouver BC.
- Stocking, S. H., Bender, E. T., Cookman, C. H., Peterson, J. V., & Votaw, R. B. (1998). More quick hits: Successful strategies by award-winning teachers. Bloomingtom, IN: Indiana University Press.
- Weimer, M. (2011, September 21). Practical ideas for improving student participation. Faculty Focus. Retrieved from: http://www.facultyfocus.com/articles/teaching-professor-blog/practical-ideas-for-improving-student-participation/
Help Develop This Resource
Help develop this resource! You only need to login with your CWL to edit this page.
Let us know if you found this resource helpful by filling out this short feedback form.