Help:Organization/Organizing Your Content
From UBC Wiki
The UBC Wiki is organized into different collections to accommodate different needs:
|No Prefix||The root of the wiki is primarily a community area for knowledge sharing about all aspects of the University. Users are encouraged to add to or edit any page in the main space.||The root, or mainspace, of the wiki is primarily a shared community space and articles in this section should be encyclopedic in nature, appeal to a broad audience, and be reflective of UBC. Titles should be as specific as possible and not use abbreviations or acronyms. Each article should start with an introductory sentence describing what the page is about. Articles that do not meet this criteria may be moved. Pages in the mainspace belong to the wiki community and anyone should feel free to edit them. The Main Space does not support subpages.|
|Course:||Course-based content or activities should go into the Course space. See Using the UBC Wiki for Course Work for more information on how to add pages to this space.||The course space is for instructors, students, and individuals to post, organize, and collaborate on course content. Content should be organized under the class number using subpages. While any individual (including the instructor) does "own" any particular class space, this is still an area that can be used as an individual work space for class projects, collaborative work, and the like. Outside editing of articles in this namespace shall be minimal.|
|Documentation:||The Documentation space is provided for documentation, support guides, technical manuals, and other similar content. Here is an example of how it can be used.||The documentation space is for user manuals, documentation, support and other similar content. Outside editing of articles or pages in this space shall be minimal.|
|Sandbox:||The Sandbox is a place to play, experiment, and to use the UBC Wiki as a personal and collaborative workspace. The Sandbox is your notebook and you can use it how you wish!||The Sandbox is is a personal notebook space that can be used for building draft pages, working on personal or group projects, or just playing the wiki. It is a casual, unofficial space and you should not edit a page there if you have not be invited to do so.|
In addition, the UBC Wiki includes a few other semi-reserved namespaces:
- User: Every UBC Wiki user has a personal user page. You can add subpages to your user page - it's a great place to add pages about personal research, projects, presentations, etc.
- Help: In this namespace you can find all the help articles on how to edit, add, and contribute to the UBC Wiki.
- eLearning: This namespace is the reserved space for creating and managing eLearning-related content. Contact CTLT if interested in contributing.
- Learning Commons: This namespace is for content contributed by the various Learning Commons colleagues around campus. This includes content from the Research Commons which has a specific focus for graduate students and Faculty.
- Library: This reserved namespace is for library content contributed by library staff.
- Science: This reserved namespace is for faculty and staff of the Faculty of Science to manage wiki projects.
- LFS: This reserved namespace is for faculty and staff of the Faculty of Land and Food Systems.
Please join the discussion on UBC Wiki policies at UBC_Wiki:Community_Policies.