Elearning:Training and Support
There are many opportunities for training and support for UBC's Learning Tools.
If you want to get started with Connect, WebCT Vista, UBC Wiki or UBC Blogs, first contact your local Instructional Support Unit (ISU). Not certain who to contact? Check this contact list.
If your faculty does not have a local ISU, visit UBC's Centre for Teaching, Learning & Technology (CTLT). CTLT provides learning technology workshops and one-on-one assistance for faculty.
If you're from UBC Okanagan, visit the Centre for Teaching and Learning (CTL).
- Connect Institute
- The Connect Institute is a series of workshops that will support instructors in using Connect to effectively achieve their teaching and learning goals, regardless of their experience.
- Teaching, Learning and Technology Speaker Series (TLT)
- The Teaching, Learning and Technology (TLT) speaker series focuses on innovative ideas, emerging technologies and effective practices related to the integration of technology into the learning and teaching environment.
- Learning Technology Institute (LTI)
- The LTI offers regularly scheduled online and hands-on face-to-face sessions throughout the calendar year on topics such as web-based technologies (blogs and wikis), course showcases and roundtable discussions about merging pedagogy and technology.
- Tech Express
- The Tech Express is a series of lunchtime, informal sessions on learning technologies and related themes (such as open educational resources and digital identity).
- Communities of Practice (CoPs)
- Communities of practice are groups whose members "share a passion for something they know how to do and who interact regularly to learn how to do it better" . CTLT partners with units across campus to create, sustain, and support communities of practice throughout their lifecycle.