Respondus Quiz 4.0 is a tool for creating and managing exams and quizzes that can be printed to paper or published directly to your WebCT Vista online course. Exams can be created offline in a Windows environment, and moved from one system to another. Respondus is designed to make quiz authoring faster and easier.
Download Respondus Quiz
The University of British Columbia has a site license agreement that permits UBC instructors to use Respondus. You can download the software from Connect, in the resources tab, if you are an instructor within Connect. (If you are an instructor and the software does not show up after following the steps below, please contact the LT Hub.)
- Make sure you are connected to ubcsecure if on campus or myVPN if off campus.
- Log into Connect using your CWL. If you do not have a CWL, you can create a basic account by following the instructions here.
- Go to the "Resources" tab near the top right corner
- Select "Instructor Resources" near the top left corner if it hasn't already been selected
- Look for the "Software Distribution" module and follow the instructions on page.
Respondus Quiz Features
- Easily create exams and assessments using a Windows interface
- Supports up to 15 question types, including calculated and algorithmic formats
- Import questions from MS Word (including embedded images), rich-text, QTI and tab/comma delimited formats
- Use the Exam Wizard to create an assessment in minutes
- "Spell check" an entire exam file (includes dictionaries for American English, Canadian English, British English)
- Embed graphics, audio, and video without writing or viewing the underlying HTML
- Resize graphics and convert them to JPEG format with one click
- Add links to multimedia content on other servers with the Web Links tool
- Create random sets of questions in seconds with a one-step wizard
- Preview exams, determine point values, save to an MS-Word file
- A “batch publish” feature allows assessments and surveys to be published to multiple courses in a single step**
- Determine point values and exam settings offline
- Print exams/surveys directly from Respondus, or save files to MS Word or rich-text format
Retrieval, Reports, and Tools
- Reports: Custom reports and statistics
- Download answer databases for quizzes or surveys and save them in an Excel-compatible format*
- Archive and restore exam/survey projects (including media content) with one click — ideal for providing a colleague with a ready-to-use exam
- Quickly locate questions using keyword searches
Note: Mac OS is not compatible with this application
- Operating System: Windows 7, Vista, XP, ME, 2000, 98
- Memory: 32 MB RAM minimum
- Hard Disk: 10 MB free space
- Monitor: 800x600 minimum (1024x768 recommended)
For additional product information, go to Respondus.