Documentation:WordPress Basics/Basics 2 Guide/BuddyPress
From UBC Wiki
BuddyPress (5 min)
BuddyPress creates a social networking layer on any WordPress installation. UBC Blogs has recently added BuddyPress allowing you to:
- Create public or private groups for classes, clubs, sports teams
- Follow and communicate with fellow UBC Blogs users
- Participate in forums and discussions about any issue or topic concerning the UBC community
- Share your profile, including your academic, personal interest and status updates
The video below will give you a better idea on the different things you can do with BuddyPress on UBC Blogs:
Hands-on Activity - BuddyPress
- Go to http://blogs.ubc.ca and under My Account drop-down menu, click Profile
- Review and edit your profile settings including your Avatar, Privacy Settings and UBC Info
- Click on the Members tab, search for the person sitting beside you and add them as a friend
- Click on the Groups tab, search for the Learning Technology Institute (LTI) group and join.
- Under the Forums section, create a New Topic or reply to any of the discussions.
- Invite your friends and colleagues to join the group in the Send Invites section.