|LearnDash plugin is only available on UBC Blogs.|
LearnDash is a plugin that enables you to create an online course on WordPress. It also integrates with the BadgeOS plugin If you wish to activate the plugin on blogs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email, please provide your blog URL and the reason why you want to activate this plugin. (For ex: You want to use this plugin for your blog course- and quizzing feature is essential in your course)
LearnDash plugin can be used to:
- Create a quiz on your blog.
- Add a "course-like" structure to your blog. (i.e. page divided in modules, course progress bar and completion status of the course)
The plugin works well :
- For a distance/online course where you will be putting up course modules, lecture videos and notes on your course blog. Students can track their progress of their course so it can be a good motivation
- If you want to add a pre-test or quiz to your course. Students can check their mastery with the course material. (Note: The quiz is not linked to the grade book).
The plugin may not be your choice if:
- You don't want your blog to look like a LMS and you do not need a quiz in your blog.
- You want to create an open assessment/self assessment quiz (i.e. a quiz that allows student to get different feedbacks depending on the choice that student make ) - LearnDash quiz only allows one feedback per question.
Below are the examples of sites that uses the LearnDash plugin
How to divide course into lesson and topics
Blog post below will show you how to divide course by lesson and topics.
Create a quiz
Follow the instructions below to create quizzes;
Step 1: Set Quiz Option from the Quiz Menu
Setting quiz options allows you to create a template for quiz questions.
- Go to Dashboard> LearnDash LMS> Quiz
- Click Add quiz button.
- Set the title of the quiz.
- There are several options you can choose. Recommended options are:
- Select Hide Quiz Title - This is to avoid having duplicate title in the quizzes
- Select Activate for Statistics - This will give you statistics for the quizzes.
- After you have created the quizzes, you can check the statistics from: Dashboard>LearnDash LMS>Quiz Hover on the quiz that you want to check the statistics>click Statistics.
- Select Force user to answer each question - so that users will not be able to skip the question.
Under Quiz Description
- Add instructions for the quiz
Step 2: Create a quiz using the Quiz Menu
- Hover on the quiz you have just created in Step 1 and select the Questions link.
- Select Create Questions
- Enter the points that you would want to award for this question
- Type the questions. For example: "Who painted Mona Lisa? "
Under Answer Type
- Select the type of quiz.
Under Answer (required)
- Add choices and answers for the quiz questions.
If you are satisfied with the question, click on save. To add more questions to the quiz, click on back to overview and repeat the above steps.
To make your quiz accessible, you must create a Page and attach the quiz you created in Step 2.
- Go to Dashboard>Quizzes
- Click Add New Quizzes
- Enter the title of the quiz. If you have already added the description of the Quiz in Step 2, you do not need to add a quiz description.
- Under Quizzing, choose passing percentage. You can set the passing percentage to 0 if you your quiz does not require a grading system.
- Under Quizzing, look for Advanced Quiz. From the dropdown menu, select the quiz that you have created in Step2.
- Click on Publish
Badging the quiz
Under Step2: Set a trigger(or steps) for Badges, see Award_a_badge_when_a_user_complete_the_quiz
See the FAQ page to solve common questions in LearnDash and BadgeOS.