To use Clickers with Canvas, you will need to download the iClicker Classic software onto your computer:
If you're running the Mac OS Sierra, please refer to this guide to setting up on a Mac. iClicker software is available for both Windows and Mac.
Add iClicker Remote Registration to a Canvas Course
You can add a link to iClicker on the side bar of your Canvas course by following these steps:
- Go to your course and click settings.
- Click on the navigation tab.
- Drag iClicker from the list of disabled navigation items to the list of enabled navigation items.
- Save your change.
Your students will now be able to register their clickers to your course. While the email address field must be filled out, students not do need to provide a real email address.
Students might see the following message when they try to register their clicker in Canvas which is caused by the browser blocking third party cookies from loading:
- "Incomplete information received, please enable cookies or contact support"
To register a student clicker in Canvas, students will need to allow cookies following the steps below:
- Go to File > Preferences > Privacy & Security or enter about:preferences#privacy into the browser’s URL field
- Under History in “Firefox will” field, select “Use custom settings for History”
- Check the checkbox next to “Accept cookies from websites”
- Click Exceptions…
- Enter the following into the Address field: https://lmsreg.iclicker.com:443
- Click Allow, then Save Changes
- Enter chrome://settings/content/cookies into browser’s URL field
- Besides the heading Allow, click ADD
- Enter the following into the Site field: https://lmsreg.iclicker.com:443
- Click ADD