Documentation:Connect/Beginning of Term FAQ for Instructors
- 1 How do I update my email address or personal information in Connect ?
- 2 How do I make my course available to students?
- 3 How do I add students to my course?
- 4 How to get my TA added to my course? Pre and post TASM
- 5 How to update my preferred name in Connect?
- 6 Where to get assistance with iClicker?
- 7 I am unable to send emails within Connect to my students
- 8 Student registered in course, but they do not show up in grade center
- 9 Why are dropped students still in my groups?
- 10 My students are reporting that they cannot access the course material, but as the Instructor, why am I able to?
- 11 Where can I get assistance for my Connect course setup?
- 12 Where can I get help for my Connect course?
- 13 My course is blank, where is my content?
How do I update my email address or personal information in Connect ?
Please check if the CWL account being used for Connect has a student number associated to it. If so, please see the documentation here to update their email address. To ensure data consistency, Faculty and Staff should verify their email addresses in the Faculty and Staff Self-Service Centre. Updates must be made via Personal Data Form If there is no student number associated to the account, then please ask the instructor/TA what they'd like their email address updated to. Then, escalate the ticket to [mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org UBC IT - Learning Applications] with details including the instructor's CWL, username, and the email address they'd like to have in Connect.
How do I make my course available to students?
How do I add students to my course?
For Credit Course
Once your students register through Student Service Center, the information will go automatically to Student Information System and your students will be automatically added to your course.
For Non-Credit Course (Self-Enrolment course)
For Self-Enrolment course, you can ask your students to enrol themselves to the course by following the instruction Self Enrol to a non credit or workshop course (How to)
How to get my TA added to my course? Pre and post TASM
How to update my preferred name in Connect?
Where to get assistance with iClicker?
Check the resources here ( iclicker toolkits) )
- iClicker Video Tutorials (Windows) (Courtesy of Arts ISIT)
- iClicker Video Tutorials (Mac) (Courtesy of Arts ISIT)
Individual Faculty Support
- Carl Wieman Science Education Initiative (CWSEI): http://www.cwsei.ubc.ca/resources/clickers.htm
- Applied Science (CIS): http://cis.apsc.ubc.ca/additional-tools/iclickers/
- Arts (ISIT): http://isit.arts.ubc.ca/crs/
- Sauder (Learning Services): http://www.sauder.ubc.ca/Resources/Learning_Services/Knowledge_Base/iClickers
- UBC Okanagan - Centre for Teaching and Learning (CTL): http://ctl.ok.ubc.ca/teaching-development/learning-technologies/interaction-tools/clickers/
I am unable to send emails within Connect to my students
Student registered in course, but they do not show up in grade center
Why are dropped students still in my groups?
My students are reporting that they cannot access the course material, but as the Instructor, why am I able to?
Instructors have access to all of their course materials regardless of whether the course material is hidden or not. If you want your course materials to available:
- Access to your course materials, and click yes for the Permit Users to View this Content option
- Check if you have Adaptive Release set. See Set adaptive release for course content (How to) for further info.
Where can I get assistance for my Connect course setup?
Where can I get help for my Connect course?
Contact your faculty's local Instructional Support Unit. For a complete list of ISUs, please visit http://elearning.ubc.ca/support/contacts/.
If you do not have an instructional support unit, contact email@example.com.
Instructional Support Staff can help you with questions regarding:
- course support
- course availability
- adding users (TA and students)
My course is blank, where is my content?
|This article is still being drafted. This means that the article is still being worked on and information may be incomplete. This template will be removed when the article is finished. If you have any concerns, please start a discussion on the talk page.|