- 1 Do you have a UBCcard?
- 2 Is your library card okay?
- 3 Access the library from home!
- 4 Can you find PUBMED & CINAHL?
- 5 Do you have DYNAMED on your iPhone?
- 6 Save time with this brief tutorial
- 7 Don’t miss these
- 8 Research Guides
- 9 RefWorks (the best thing since sliced bread?)
- 10 Academic Integrity, Plagiarism, Self-Plagiarism
- 11 Copyright
- 12 Too much chocolate cake
- 13 Librarians
Do you have a UBCcard?
Is your library card okay?
- Click on Log In To My Library Account
- Put in your barcode & PIN.
- Change your PIN.
Do we have your correct name & address?
Do we have your email address?
Access the library from home!
This is easier now!
Start your research from the UBC Library website. The URL is http://www.library.ubc.ca
Click the LOGIN button. Then EZprozy Login.
You will need your CWL or your library barcode & PIN.
For more information on this new system called EZproxy, please see this link Connect from home.
Can you find PUBMED & CINAHL?
Try two databases:
- Go to the Library’s home page.
- Select on SEARCH COLLECTIONS from the menu
- Click on Indexes, Databases & Articles.
Find and try PubMed, then Cinahl. Look for articles on job satisfaction and nurses. Can you find some abstracts on this topic? Do you know how to get the articles? Note the related articles feature in PubMed.
You will also want to try Web of Science.
Do you have DYNAMED on your iPhone?
Dynamed is available at UBC Library, CRNBC, and NurseOne.
You can use it online or download it to your mobile device.
Save time with this brief tutorial
Link to the tutorial as needed. http://guides.library.ubc.ca/tutorial-nurs
Don’t miss these
- For all hospitals in British Columbia: Electronic Health Library of British Columbia
- For all registered nurses in Canada: NurseOne
- For all registered nurses in British Columbia: CRNBC's Helen Randal Library
- Try the guide for Nursing -
RefWorks (the best thing since sliced bread?)
Some graduate students love RefWorks to store & organize citations. It will do APA style for you.
Academic Integrity, Plagiarism, Self-Plagiarism
Citing is important in academic culture.
Copyright is changing!
- Supreme Court decisions
- New legislation - The Copyright Modernization Act
Be safe -- send a link.
Too much chocolate cake
We have a rich feast of library resources. Take time to digest.
|For a rainy day . . .|
- Contact the desk at Woodward Library, 604-822-4440, firstname.lastname@example.org . Our desk is staffed everyday during term.
- Katherine Miller email@example.com, 604-822-0295, works at the Woodward Library. Please do come visit!