From UBC Wiki
Geography 350 Neighbourhood Project 99B January 2011
If you have not already created your own neighbourhood wiki page, take the following steps:
- Make sure you have logged in to the UBC wiki using your CWL.
- Select the 'edit' tab to the right of the "Neighbourhood Projects" heading below.
- Add the title of your project below the 'Neighbourhood Projects' heading using the WYSIWYG editor.
To create a link to the article, enclose it in double brackets, e.g. [[http://wiki.ubc.ca/Course:GEOG350/2010WT2/Your_Project_Title]] This will create a new page for your wiki article and automatically link to it. It is important that you provide the full URL, including the course and term number.
- Preview the page, and if you are happy with your title, save the page.
- Next, click on the link you have just created. This should take you to the new wiki page.
- Select the edit tab at the top of the new page. Begin working on your article and save your changes.
- NOTE: You can use the 'discussion' feature with your group if you wish to discuss aspects of your project without including that information in the wiki article itself.
To edit a wiki page:
- select the page you wish to edit from the links below.
- select the 'edit' tab at the top of the page.
- edit the wiki page, preview your changes and then save them.
Your discussion of each neighbourhood should proceed using the following cycle:
- Outline your initial ideas in your newly created wiki page
- Discuss your ideas with your classmates using the Discussion tab at the top of the wiki page
- Update your wiki entry based on your discussion
- Repeat the cycle until you have completed the assignment