|This article is a stub. You can help the UBC Community by expanding it.|
|This page is part of the Teaching and Learning Resources Portal|
Cooperative learning is an instructional process that engages students in collaborative discussions about the content to promote learning.
|Link to Complete Bibliography|
|For a complete bibliography, please visit the CTLT's shared folder on Refworks.
Having problems? Visit the RefWorks information guide.
- Cooperative learning (2008). . Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications, Inc.
- Cooperative learning (2009). Sage Publications.
- Davis, J. R. (1993). Better teaching, more learning : Strategies for success in postsecondary settings. Phoenix, AZ: Oryx Press.
- Elliott, A. E. (2003). Promoting cooperative learning in the classroom: Comparing explicit and implicit training techniques. Brock Education, 12(2)
- English, S., & Yazdani, M. (1999). Computer‐supported cooperative learning in a virtual university. Journal of Computer Assisted Learning, 15(1), 2-13. Permalink
- Gillies, R. M., Ashman, A. F., Terwel, J., & ebrary, I. (2008). The teacher's role in implementing cooperative learning in the classroom. New York: Springer.
- Grasha, A. F. (1996). Teaching with style. Pittsburgh PA: Alliance Publishers.
- Hatfield, S. R. (1995). The seven principles in action : Improving undergraduate education. Bolton, MA: Anker Pub. Co.
- Hsung, C. (2012). The effectiveness of cooperative learning. Journal of Engineering Education, 101(1), 119-137.
- Prégent, R. (1994). Charting your course : How to prepare to teach more effectively (1st English ed.). Madison, WI: Magna Publications.
- Sharan, Y. (2010). Cooperative learning: A diversified pedagogy for diverse classrooms. Intercultural Education, 21(3), 195-203.
Help Develop This Resource
Help develop this resource! You only need to login with your CWL to edit this page.
Let us know if you found this resource helpful by filling out this short feedback form.