Cell organelles and microscopy
From UBC Wiki
|Cell organelles and microscopy|
|Cells and functions of cells|
|Welcome to the tutoring wiki for BIOL 200. Here is where you'll find learning objectives for Unit 1 of BIOL 200 and some detailed explanations for slightly more challenging topics.|
|Additional Tutoring Wikis|
- 1 Cell organization and organelles
- 2 Microscopy
- 2.1 Recognize all major organelle classes in light and electron micrographs.
- 2.2 Distinguish among light micrographs (including fluorescence micrographs), transmission electron micrographs and scanning electron micrographs.
- 2.3 Discuss the major advantages and limitations of light microscopy, transmission electron microscopy, and scanning electron microscopy.
- 2.4 Relate the relative sizes of cell components to the type of microscopy that can be used as tools to detect and study them.