CTLT Resource Room
|CTLT Resource Room|
|Welcome to the CTLT Resource Room information page. You'll find information here about how the Resource Room can assist you in your teaching and learning endeavors.|
|Original photo by Stephanie Bonic|
|This page is part of the Teaching and Learning Resources Portal|
- 1 About the CTLT Resource Room
- 1.1 Resources
- 1.2 Services
- 1.3 Guidelines and Use
- 1.4 Locating Resources
- 1.5 Contact
About the CTLT Resource Room
The Resource Room supports CTLT staff and the UBC teaching community by providing resources, space, and services. It is located in the CTLT offices on the second floor of the Irving K. Barber Learning Centre.
Resources Housed in the Resource Room
The Resource Room houses a collection of books, articles, newsletters, and other resources on the topics of teaching, learning, facilitation, and professional development. The Resource Room collection is non-circulating. Resources can be accessed in the Resource Room anytime during office hours at CTLT (Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm). The Resource Room also maintains a database of holdings (Tips: You can run a search by entering a keyword (e.g., author name, topic) in the "Search" box in the upper right corner of the page. You can also see the collection materials by category (e.g., books, journals, media) by clicking on "Entire Database" in the right column).
- Free Teaching and Learning Journals Licenses Available to UBC Employees and Students: institutional subscriptions to electronic periodicals on teaching and learning [Subscription currently unavailable]
- UBC Wiki:
- Twitter: view or add our twitter feed of news items, helpful citations, and event notifications.
We provide consultation and support services to assist members of the UBC teaching community in their teaching and learning endeavours. Submit a request to consult with us. To view the previously prepared bibliographies visit the Teaching and Learning Resources Portal.
Guidelines and Use
Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- The CTLT resource room welcomes members of the UBC teaching community, broadly-defined.
- This space is for engagement with teaching and learning-related topics.
- Though we encourage you to meet and collaborate in the space, please invite other patrons to use the space when using the space collaboratively.
- Please refrain from eating in the Resource Room. You’re invited to do so in the kitchen.
- All materials are for use in the Resource Room only.
Database of Holdings
Resource Room holdings are cataloged in a shared RefWorks folder.
RefWorks is a web-based citation management program that is free to use for UBC students, faculty and staff.
- download, gather, and store references from databases and library catalogues automatically
- format citations and bibliographies in seconds
- connect to your RefWorks account anywhere there's web access
- share your citations with other RefWorks users
RefShare is a module of RefWorks that allows users to share citations, folders, and databases with members of the UBC community, and globally with any researcher having Internet access.
- Using RefShare - RefWorks RefShare Navigating a Shared Folder tutorial.
- View folders shared on the UBC Library RefShare account
Searching the Database
To search materials in the CTLT Resource Room collection, go to the RefShare folder "CTLT Resource Room Collection."
You can run a search by entering a keyword (e.g., author name, topic) in the "Search" box in the upper right corner of the page. You can also see the collection materials by category (e.g., books, journals, media) by clicking on "Entire Database" in the right column.
Locating Resources in the Resource Room
Collection materials are organized by category (e.g., books, journals, media). Within each category, materials are placed in alphabetical order by the last name of the author (or the first author in case of multiple authors).
For your convenience, the CTLT Resource Room has the following forms available:
- Ask a Reference Question - Ask a reference question.
- Suggest Materials for the Resource Room - Use this form to suggest materials.
- CTLT Resource Room Feedback Form - Let us know how we’re doing!
or email: email@example.com